Entrant forms are available frmo JULY 1st for those wishing to enter Simply and Safely under the Entry Form Tab on the Home Page above.
New Burnout Rules and Guidelines
AUTOFEST Mount Gambier 2018
JACK DANIELS BURNOUT MASTERS AWARDS
King of the Mount 4cyl/Rotary JACK DANIELS 1st…
King of the Mount 6cyl N/A Class JACK DANIELS 2nd
King of the Mount 6cyl N/A Class JACK DANIELS 1st
King of the Mount 6cyl Pro Class JACK DANIELS 2nd
King of the Mount 6cyl Pro Class JACK DANIELS 1st
King of the Mount 8cyl N/A Class JACK DANIELS 3rd
King of the Mount 8cyl N/A Class JACK DANIELS 2nd
King of the Mount 8cyl N/A Class JACK DANIELS 1st
King of the Mount 8cyl Pro Class JACK DANIELS 3rd
King of the Mount 8cyl Pro Class JACK DANIELS 2nd
King of the Mount 8cyl Pro Class JACK DANIELS 1st
Queen of the Mount JACK DANIELS 2nd
Queen of the Mount JACK DANIELS 1st
MOUNT GAMBIER AUTOFEST
CHAMPION OVERALL BURNOUT N/A JACK DANIELS
CHAMPION OVERALL BURNOUT PRO JACK DANIELS
BURNOUT Prize money will be awarded in the following way at the 2017 Mount Gambier AUTOFEST.
1. Classes Set for this event are, Pro Class and N/A Class Cars; so therefore all prize money will be divided to these
two classes equally
2. $2500 will be awarded to the N/A Class Cars and $2500 will be awarded the Pro Class Cars.
3. Autofest scrutineers classify will all Burnout cars at their arrival at the event scrutineering.
4. Cash prizes of $500 each will be set for both winners of rotary, 4cly & 6cly N/A and the rotary, 4cyl $ 6cly Class cars.
5. If however a rotary, 4cly & 6cyl N/A or a rotary, 4cly & 6cyl Pro Class car wins an overall class award then the $500 cash prize will be forfeited and be awarded to the V8 Class winner of the same class.
6. so in summary the prize pool will be set at $5000.00 cash and be split between OVERALL N/A Class winner receiving $2000.00 and the OVERALL Pro Class winner receiving $2000.00 as well as $500.00 cash being awarded to the best placed the rotary, 4cly & 6cyl N/A Class Winner and the rotary, 4cly & 6yl Pro Class winner but if a rotary, 4cly & 6cyl N/A or Pro Class car takes out the Overall win in the N/A or Pro Class then that $500.00 cash prize will be awarded to the highest scoring V8 in the same Class. All other class placing awards are event trophy’s
The Annual Mount Gambier Autofest & 39th Show N Shine makes a welcome return to the Showgrounds from January 20th to 22nd 2017 and Entries are open now at www.autofest.com.au
The Action will kick off on the Friday evening from 5.30pm to 9.30pm and both Saturday and Sunday from 9am each morning.
Autofest is open to everything automotive from Cars, Trucks, Bikes in fact anything that has wheels is welcomed to join in on all the fun and with the theme of a Family Friendly Festival.
We have great pleasure on announcing that the Autofest Street Cruise and Display will again be a added inclusion of this year’s AUTOFEST Mount Gambier.
This segment of the celebrations will take place between 4.30 pm and 5.30pm Saturday the 21st of January and it is also to be noted that SAPOL will be onboard to assist where necessary during these times that will allow Autofest Competitors the opportunity to take part of this special addition to the event.
Conditions will be in place for all participants and we ask you to respect this support and also to take NOTE; NO Unruly Behaviour will be tolerated and that at all times unless directed by the Police, ALL participants must follow the road rules. ANY ENTRANT found to be doing the wrong thing will suffer all punishments from both the Authorities as well as that of the event organisers.
All Autofest entrants wishing to partake in this cruise Must either if full registration or an event permit.
Below is the relevant link to this permit
We praise the City of Mount Gambier Council, SAPOL and Relevant Authorities for their support for this inclusion to our event for without their corporation and support quiet simply this segment or our event would not be happening.
The Streetcruise will leave the Mount Gambier Showground at 4.30pm by turning left into Pick Ave then Right into Sturt Street travelling through to a left turn into Bay Road and finishing at Railway Terrace where the vehicles will be on display FREE of Charge to the public until approx 5.30pm before they travel back along the same route to the Showgrounds where the Saturday night Burnout Action will begin.
Local restaurants, cafes and hotels will be encouraged to be open during these times also to cater for participants and visitors alike. Light entertainment is also in the planning as well.
The Mount Gambier Autofest management agreed that this year’s event would focus on involving the community and local business houses into the celebrations of this Mount Gambier milestone.
Visitors to the Railway Terrace precinct on Saturday afternoon will have the opportunity to view these machines at No Charge and we encourage all to make a day out in Mount Gambier to take in a little retail therapy before the fun and excitement the Mount Gambier Autofest and what Action it delivers.
Following the Street cruise participants will head back to the Mount Gambier Showgrounds where the Action will continue on and off the track with the nights highlight being the Burnout Eliminations” until approx 9.00pm, then it’s over to the Official After PARTY Venue, the South Aussie Hotel for MORE PARTY with special guests and giveaways………..
Next up for the AUTOFEST Crew is Mo…unt Panorama Bathurst on March 10th & 11th and if you want to be part of this iconic event just head to www.autofest.com.au where you can enter simply and safely online.
Thanks again and hope to catch ya up real soon…..